Bulgarian MPs Approve Closure of Infrastructure Company
The Bulgarian parliament adopted at second reading on Thursday amendments to the Roads Act, which foresee the closure of the National Company Strategic Infrastructure Projects.
The closure of the company was proposed on the basis of internal analysis on the activity of the enterprise and analysis of the World Bank
The analyses established that the existence of the company is unfounded on the basis of its ineffectiveness. Furthermore, the company costs BGN 1.4 M annually.
According to the analyses, it does not bring enough added value to the entire process of construction, maintenance and management of road infrastructurе, with the development of projects and alienation procedures being entrusted to outside contractors.
The Road Infrastructure Agency (API) will take over the activities exercised by the company.
The establishment of the company was approved by parliament in July 2011, with its aim identified as working on the accelerated construction of Struma, Hemus and Cherno more motorways.
The government had proposed the foundation of the company as it had made commitments to the European Commission president and Regional European commissioner.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 4 New Gas Tankers are coming to Revithoussa in January - Part of the Fuel is for Bulgaria
- » Head of the Bulgarian National Bank: Joining the Eurozone will Speed Up Structural Reforms in our Country
- » Bulgaria has a little over 1 Million tons of Oil and Oil Product Reserves
- » Gas in Europe is Rising in Price with the Onset of Cold Weather
- » The Growth of the Bulgarian Economy between July and September was 3.3%
- » Bulgaria begins preparations for the minting of Euro Coins