Greece’s Intralot Acquires 49% of Bulgaria’s Eurobet
Athens-listed Intralot has announced the acquisition of a 49% stake in Bulgaria’s Eurobet, a company that offers numerical games and scratch tickets.
The acquisition is expected to be completed by June 2016 pending regulatory approvals, the Greek lottery and gambling technology provider said in a statement on Wednesday.
The price of the deal was not disclosed.
Intralot already owns 49% of Bulgaria’s Eurofootball, offering Fixed Odds and Live Betting thorough a network of 850 shops in the country.
Intralot Group CEO Antonios Kerastaris commented in the statement: “We are proud to expand our presence in Bulgaria through acquiring a strategic share in Eurobet, a market leader in its sector.”
Eurobet operates through a network of 1,100 points of sale in Bulgaria.
Eurobet CEO Milen Stamatov said that "Intralot’s strategic participation in Eurobet highlights our company's ability to attract international investors and reinforces our position in the local gaming market.”
- » Boyko Borisov will Open the First Plovdiv Economic Forum
- » Prices of US Goods in Europe are Rising from Tomorrow
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » India Raises Import Duties for US
- » A New German Plant Opens 2000 Jobs in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law