Bulgaria to Work for Lifelong Learning System
The Bulgarian government has approved an action plan which introduces a new range of professional qualification options for school students and adds a list of "protected professions".
The plan is part of the so-called National Lifelong Learning Strategy for 2014-2020, and the next set of measures is aimed at the swift introduction of a dual education system, with a special focus on opportunities to obtain a professional degree available to school students and individuals aged 16 or more, the cabinet has decided at its Wednesday meeting.
A new mechanism will be set up to determine the number of students admitted to universities depending on the labor market's needs.
Bulgaria's education system has increasignly been criticized over what some experts describe as a lack of real correlation between the curricula and the structure of the system and the contemporary labor market.
- » Teachers, Participating in the 'Motivated Teachers' Program Will Receive BGN 500 Increase in Their Salaries
- » An Online Platform Helps Bulgarian Students to Find Internships
- » Bulgaria Will Host the 31st Edition of the European Union Contest for Young Scientists 2019
- » Bulgarian Students in Serbia Will no Longer Need a Visa to Study in the Country
- » The Bulgarian Informatics Team Won 4 Medals at the International Baku Olympiad
- » MES: Bulgarian Students Are Increasingly Acquainted with Internet Security and Virus Protection