Bulgaria to Have New Tourism Logo in May
A jury is to pick Bulgaria's new tourism logo early in May among proposals submitted to the country's Tourism Ministry by Tuesday, April 05.
As many as 150 proposals have been sent to the ministry before the deadline.
A shortlist is due to be made in April and presented to the public for comments before a vote that will be held by a nine-member jury from National Academy of Art in Sofia and the Union of Bulgarian Artists.
Then, a bigger group of experts will hold the final vote to determine Bulgaria's new brand, amid long-standing criticism targeting the current logo for being "primitive" or copied from other logos.
Brand Bulgaria was met with dissatisfaction even by the Culture Minister (incumbent Vezhdi Rashidov, then in his first term) in 2013.
There have even been suggestions about the logo's striking similarity to the one used by Kyrgyzstan.
- » 10,000 Bulgarians were in Italy Last Month
- » Ryanair has Grounded nearly all of its Planes until June
- » Turkish Airlines Suspend Flights
- » Wizz Air Stops all Flights to and from Varna
- » Bulgaria Closed its Borders to non-EU Countries, some Countries from the EU and Switzerland
- » Wizz Air Suspends Flights to Malta until April 10th