Bulgaria to Have New Tourism Logo in May
A jury is to pick Bulgaria's new tourism logo early in May among proposals submitted to the country's Tourism Ministry by Tuesday, April 05.
As many as 150 proposals have been sent to the ministry before the deadline.
A shortlist is due to be made in April and presented to the public for comments before a vote that will be held by a nine-member jury from National Academy of Art in Sofia and the Union of Bulgarian Artists.
Then, a bigger group of experts will hold the final vote to determine Bulgaria's new brand, amid long-standing criticism targeting the current logo for being "primitive" or copied from other logos.
Brand Bulgaria was met with dissatisfaction even by the Culture Minister (incumbent Vezhdi Rashidov, then in his first term) in 2013.
There have even been suggestions about the logo's striking similarity to the one used by Kyrgyzstan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » No More Mandatory Masks on Airports and Planes in Europe
- » Bulgaria Air's Direct Scheduled Flights from Sofia to Crete will Start on May 22
- » No more Flights between Bulgaria and North Macedonia in the Near Future
- » We can enter Greece without a COVID Certificate from May 1
- » The Train from Istanbul to Sofia is Restored from Today
- » The US has revoked the Recommendation not to Travel to Bulgaria