Head of Devnya Municipal Council Excluded from Bulgaria's GERB
Vasil Koychev, chairperson of Devnya municipal council and leader of the local party structure, has been excluded from Bulgaria's largest ruling party GERB.
The executive commitee of the party decided to exclude him from the party as of Sunday after an investigation of private NOVA TV revealed that Koychev had caused financial damages to the municipality amounting to BGN 70 000.
A firm initially owned by him and later by his wife had incurred debts to the municipality amounting to BGN 70 000.
Koychev has been excluded due to his behaviour which harmed the prestige of the party and is incompatible with the goals and values of GERB.
Svilen Shitov, who is running his first term as mayor of the municipality, has been selected as acting municipal leader of the party.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend