Police Detain 44 Irregular Migrants Near Bulgaria's Haskovo
As many as 44 irregular migrants have been arrested near the village of Bregovo, Southern Bulgaria, police in the main regional city, Haskovo, have said.
The men are reportedly from Afghanistan. During their daily patrol on Saturday, police officers spotted two people whom they tracked down to find the 44 men, aged 18-25, in a nearby forest.
The migrants, who do not have proper documents, claim they are from Afghanistan.
Afghans have made up most of the migrant inflow into Bulgaria of the past years, after a wave of Syrians in 2013.
Most Syrians are thought to avoid Bulgaria due to reports of aggressive behavior from border police.
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits