Police Detain 44 Irregular Migrants Near Bulgaria's Haskovo
As many as 44 irregular migrants have been arrested near the village of Bregovo, Southern Bulgaria, police in the main regional city, Haskovo, have said.
The men are reportedly from Afghanistan. During their daily patrol on Saturday, police officers spotted two people whom they tracked down to find the 44 men, aged 18-25, in a nearby forest.
The migrants, who do not have proper documents, claim they are from Afghanistan.
Afghans have made up most of the migrant inflow into Bulgaria of the past years, after a wave of Syrians in 2013.
Most Syrians are thought to avoid Bulgaria due to reports of aggressive behavior from border police.
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)
Hopefully they reach Germany and Sweden and receive the social money for which they are entitled. And until Germany and Sweden do not take the adequate measures our efforts to stop the flow are in vein. But these people are misguided... they have to pass through Romania, which is the motherland of Dracula.