Police Detain 44 Irregular Migrants Near Bulgaria's Haskovo
As many as 44 irregular migrants have been arrested near the village of Bregovo, Southern Bulgaria, police in the main regional city, Haskovo, have said.
The men are reportedly from Afghanistan. During their daily patrol on Saturday, police officers spotted two people whom they tracked down to find the 44 men, aged 18-25, in a nearby forest.
The migrants, who do not have proper documents, claim they are from Afghanistan.
Afghans have made up most of the migrant inflow into Bulgaria of the past years, after a wave of Syrians in 2013.
Most Syrians are thought to avoid Bulgaria due to reports of aggressive behavior from border police.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year