Sofia Landmarks Light Up for Autism Awareness Day
Bulgaria's capital Sofia and other citis will mark the World Autism Awareness Day on Saturday, with key buildings lighting up to show support for a worldwide information campaign.
Separately, between 11:00 and 15:00 local time in Sofia, a kids' fair is opened featuring workshops at the Sofia Zoo, with any children attending being allowed to draw the animals.
The event is open to all children willing to take part.
A concert will also take place in front of the National Palace of Culture (NDK) bringing together dozens of Bulgarian musicians.
Celebrated on April 2 every year, the World autism Awareness Day is a United Nations initiative aimed at urging governments to take measures to help improve understanding of problems faced by childred with autism.
The UN says that, by 2050, half of the world's population will suffer from conditions classified in the autism spectrum.
- » Mostly Sunny Today in Bulgaria with Temperatures up to 20-25°C
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry: Three Nature Parks Get BGN 1.5 million Under OPE
- » Bulgarian and French Archaeologists Discovered an Impressive Tomb in Sozopol
- » Moderate Quake in Halkidiki Rattles Northern Greece
- » Bulgarian Regional Minister Explains Green Buildings for a Common Green Future Project
- » 22 Dead as Migrant Truck Crashes in Western Turkey