Man Tries to Set Fire to Car Used by Bulgaria MP
A man approached the car of a Bulgarian lawmaker and tried to set it ablaze using a burner, local media outlets report.
The perpetrator was detained by security guards in front of Parliament, where the incident occurred, and was soon taken away by police.
Reportedly, he shouted: "Long live anarchy, this is what you deserve for April 01", in an apparent reference to the April Fool's Day celebrated on Friday across the world.
Riot police have sealed off the area.
The vehicle is thought to be used by Danail Kirilov, a lawmaker from the biggest political party, GERB.
A rucksack the man was carrying was seized from him and inspected by a fire brigade team which found gasoline and perhydrol inside.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia held a Funeral for the 45 Victims of the Bus Crash that occurred in Bulgaria
- » Skopje will Receive the Remains of its Citizens that Died in the Bus Crash on Struma Highway
- » Explosion in Munich Wounded Dozens and stopped the Movement of Trains
- » Minister Komitova: The Bus Crash on the Struma highway was not with High Speed
- » Possible End to Mass Explosions caused by Pyrotechnics during Celebrations in Sofia
- » Shooting at a Bus in Kosovo, Young Students were Killed