Bulgarian Authorities Detain 18 Illegal Migrants, Two Smugglers in Burgas
Bulgarian authorities detained eighteen illegal migrants and two suspected smugglers after stopping a minibus for inspection in the city of Burgas on Tuesday evening.
The group, which had crossed the Bulgarian border illegally, consisted of men, women and children who identified themselves as coming from Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq.
Immediately after uncovering the migrants, the police stopped and detained a car bearing a Burgas licence plate which was escorting the minibus and was driven by a 50 year-old-man with a criminal record.
The driver of the car as well as the 39-year old man driving the minibus have been charged with smuggling and have been detained for 24 hours with police warrant.
The police seized mobile phones, SIM cards and documents as material evidence, the interior ministry informs.
The refugees have been taken to the migration department of the regional directorate of the interior ministry in Burgas and will be accommodated at specialised centre.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year