EgyptAir Hijacker Surrenders, Hostages Released
The suspected hijacker of EgyptAir Flight MS181 has surrendered to Cypriot authorities at Larnaca airport, Reuters reported on Tuesday.
The hijacker has emerged from the EgyptAir airrilner with his hands in the air and most of the passengers and crew who were on board had been freed, Reuters quoted the Cypriot authorities as saying.
The motives behind the hijacking remain unclear, with some reports saying the hijacker wanted to contact his estranged wife in Cyprus, according to the BBC.
Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades has said the incident was not related to terrorism.
Reuters also quoted Egypt’s Prime Minister, Ibrahim Mahlab, as saying the hijacker was Egyptian and had demanded to meet EU officials and go to other airports but there had been nothing specific.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The US has quietly given Ukraine the HARM Radar Hunters
- » Inflation in the Eurozone Hit a New Record
- » Day 176 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 6 Killed in Russian Bombing of Kharkiv
- » KFOR ready to Intervene in Case of Risk in Kosovo
- » Japan urges Young People to Drink More
- » At least 20 Dead, 40 Injured in Mosque Explosion in Kabul