Bulgaria Security Agency Inspecting Arms Trader
The State Agency for National Security (DANS) is conducting an inspection at Kintex, a state-owned company dealing with weapons trade, the Bulgarian National Radio has said.
Short of being a perquisition, the activities carried out at Kintex are related to deals done by the company, the public broadcaster quotes DANS sources as saying.
Set up as a state-owned company dealing mainly with defense equipment exports (but also other goods) back in 1966, during the Soviet era, Kintex has been controlled by Bulgaria's Ministry of Economy since 1992. (The Economy Ministry oversees both arms production and trade).
Presently it says on its website it offers "armament, ammunition, sights and surveillance equipment, armored vehicles, communication and electronic warfare means, radar equipment, engineering equipment and explosives, means for chemical protection, repair activities, training assistance, commissary items, system engineering, projects, construction, technical assistance and technological transfer for the defense industry."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » NATO Greenlights Idea of Building EU Rapid Reaction Force
- » Terrorist Attack in a Supermarket in New Zealand
- » 34 Afghans Evacuated to Bulgaria
- » Caretaker Prime Minister: There is No Need for Troops on the Border
- » Defense Minister: Caretaker Government is Not Negotiating for New F-16 Aircraft
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Interior Minister: Migration Pressure on Bulgaria is Increasing