Bulgaria Security Agency Inspecting Arms Trader
The State Agency for National Security (DANS) is conducting an inspection at Kintex, a state-owned company dealing with weapons trade, the Bulgarian National Radio has said.
Short of being a perquisition, the activities carried out at Kintex are related to deals done by the company, the public broadcaster quotes DANS sources as saying.
Set up as a state-owned company dealing mainly with defense equipment exports (but also other goods) back in 1966, during the Soviet era, Kintex has been controlled by Bulgaria's Ministry of Economy since 1992. (The Economy Ministry oversees both arms production and trade).
Presently it says on its website it offers "armament, ammunition, sights and surveillance equipment, armored vehicles, communication and electronic warfare means, radar equipment, engineering equipment and explosives, means for chemical protection, repair activities, training assistance, commissary items, system engineering, projects, construction, technical assistance and technological transfer for the defense industry."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Soldiers are coming to Bulgaria to Defend NATO's Eastern Flank
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Pressure has Increased, but there are No Conditions for Concern
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: 34 million dollars in Compensation have been agreed due to the Delay of F-16