Bulgaria to Keep Standing Up for Ukraine's Integrity - President
Bulgarian supports Ukraine's path to association to the EU and rapprochement with NATO, President Rosen Plevneliev has said.
Meeting his Ukrainian counterpart Petro Poroshenko in Kiev, he has asserted that his country backs the "sovereignty, independence, and territorial integrity of Ukraine" and does not recognize the results of the referendums in Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk.
The two have agreed to expand cooperation in energy efficiency and in the use of renewable energy sources.
Bulgaira's head of state has voiced support for visa liberalization for Ukrainian citizens.
He has also called for the swift adoption of legislation regulating the use of minority languagest to allow all minorities to fully integrate in society and the economy.
Different estimates suggest between 250 000 and 300 000 ethnic Bulgarians live in Ukraine, most of them in the country's south.
Plevneliev's press office also informs a visit of Poroshenko to Bulgaria is due later this year.
On Friday, Plevnliev was awarded as "Person of the Year 2015" in Ukraine for his contribution to the defense of the country's integrity, sovereignty and European values.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The New US Ambassador: Bulgaria is a Strategic Partner and Ally of the United States
- » The Bulgarian Cultural and Information Center moved to Downtown Skopje
- » Bulgaria’s MFA handed a Note of Protest to the Ambassador of North Macedonia after the Shooting in Ohrid
- » Another Provocation! Shooting at the Bulgarian Club "Tsar Boris III" in North Macedonia
- » MFA on Russia's Propaganda Rhetoric: Bulgaria's Position is in Support of Ukraine
- » Russia on Bulgaria’s Military Aid to Ukraine: A Hostile Act, further Worsening our Relations