Bulgarian Authorities Detain 23 Illegal Migrants on Trakia Motorway
Police officers from the Bulgarian village of Lesichovo in the region of Pazardzhik detained 23 illegal migrants on Trakia motorway on Thursday.
The group was detected in the area between the interchange at the village of Kalugerovo and the overpass for the village of Shtarkovo.
Their identity is being established as none of them was in the possession of identity documents, Darik radio informs.
After undergoing medical examination, the migrants are to be transported to a house for temporary accommodation of foreigners.
Recently, the police admitted that the motorway is part of a human trafficking route passing through the country.
The motorway is one of the main arteries used by migrants to reach the interior of the country.
Before reaching Sofia, smugglers most often leave the migrants near the villages in Pazardzhik region where they are either handed over to other traffickers or just abandoned.
- » Suspect In Murder Of Bulgarian Journalist Extradited To Sofia From Germany
- » Crimea Attack: Gun Attack at Kerch College Kills 19
- » Cologne Hostage Taker ‘Under Control,’ One Woman Slightly Injured
- » Journalist Viktoria Marinova's Murder Suspect Partially Admits Guilt
- » AFP: Germany to Extradite Suspect in Bulgarian Journalist Killing 'Soon'
- » Africa's Youngest Billionaire Kidnapped in Tanzania