Bulgarian Authorities Detain 23 Illegal Migrants on Trakia Motorway
Police officers from the Bulgarian village of Lesichovo in the region of Pazardzhik detained 23 illegal migrants on Trakia motorway on Thursday.
The group was detected in the area between the interchange at the village of Kalugerovo and the overpass for the village of Shtarkovo.
Their identity is being established as none of them was in the possession of identity documents, Darik radio informs.
After undergoing medical examination, the migrants are to be transported to a house for temporary accommodation of foreigners.
Recently, the police admitted that the motorway is part of a human trafficking route passing through the country.
The motorway is one of the main arteries used by migrants to reach the interior of the country.
Before reaching Sofia, smugglers most often leave the migrants near the villages in Pazardzhik region where they are either handed over to other traffickers or just abandoned.
- » Mayor of Cherven Bryag was Detained for 24 Hours
- » Former Counter-intelligence Expert is Convinced the Terrorist from New Zealand had Contacts with Bulgarians
- » The Police Found Dead the Man who Killed his Wife in Botevgrad
- » Murder in Botevgrad: Man Suspected of Stabbing his Wife to Death
- » Norwegian Student Stabbed a Teacher and Three Other School Officials
- » Bulgarian Citizen Attacked Passersby and Policeman in a Park in Rome