EU's Interior Ministers to Convene at Extraordinary JHA Council
The interior ministers of the member states of the EU will convene at an extraordinary meeting of the Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) council in Brussels on Thursday.
The meeting has been summoned by the Dutch presidency of the Council of the EU in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks in Brussels on Tuesday.
The twin bombings at Zaventem airport followed by an explosion at Maelbeek metro station claimed the lives of at least 31 people and left hundreds other injured.
The meeting is intended to show solidarity with Belgium as well as to discuss the actual state of play in the fight against terrorism.
Bulgaria will be represented by its Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova.
The ministers are expected to discuss the latest developments after the terrorist attacks in the Belgian capital and to adopt a joint declaration on enhancing their cooperation and coordination in the fight against terrorism.
Strengthening the capability of Europol's European Counter Terrorism Centre is also foreseen.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Iliana Ivanova was officially appointed as European Commissioner
- » Thousands of Supporters of a pro-Russian Movement Protested in the Czech Republic
- » Imports of Ukrainian Grain: Poland, Hungary and Slovakia Unilaterally Extended the Ban
- » The EU Monitoring for Bulgaria and Romania has been Ended
- » The Netherlands and Austria reiterated that they will Not Allow an Expansion of Schengen
- » The ECB raised Interest Rates to a New Record