955 Migrants Accommodated at Refugee Centres Across Bulgaria
At present, Bulgaria houses 955 foreigners at temporary centres for accommodation run by the State Agency for Refugees (DAB).
This was stated on Tuesday by Bulgaria's Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova in a response to a question of MP from the ruling coalition.
As of March 16, there were 4175 available places for accommodation at the refugee camps, Darik radio informs.
The refugee centre in the Ovcha kupel neighbourhood of Sofia houses 169 migrants, its capacity being 860 people.
The other two camps in Sofia located in the Vrazhdebna and Voenna rampa neighbourhoods house respectively 66 and 342 people, with their respective capacities being 370 and 800.
Outside Sofia, refugees and migrants have been housed at three accommodation centres.
The largest number of migrants are accommodated in the town of Harmanli – 285, its capacity being 2710 people.
The camp in he village of Banya is almost full, with 54 out of its 70 places occupied. The village of Pastrogor houses 39 migrants in its centre, which can accommodate up to 320 people.
Only those seeking international protection can be accommodated until the administration procedure on granting asylum is concluded
On Tuesday, the recently-appointed head of DAB, Petya Parvanova, noted that around a fifth of the beds at accommodation and reception centres are occupied at present.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Returns Some Measures Against COVID-19, No Indoor Entertainments
- » Bulgaria: Еnvironmental Protests Against Amendments to Biological Diversity Act
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva