Bulgaria PM: Integration of Terrorists 'Impossible', 'Unfair'
"There is no way for us to integrate terrorists, it is not fair," Bulgarian Prime Minister has said.
Borisov has told reporters following the attacks in Brussels on Tuesday that Europe is taking "measures after measures [to make sure these people] are well off," apparently referring to migrants coming into Europe from the Middle East.
He has also called the development "an absolute failure" of the foreign policy of a number of states, adding "everyone was angry at [Merkel] for being so humane to those people."
"There is nowhere in this world they are so integrated, there is nowhere in this world where they are being taken so much care of," Borisov has added.
"And then, to hit us in the hear of Europe this way is not fair."
It is not yet clear who is behind the blasts, but authorities describe them as a "terror attack".
Earlier, Borisov was quick to issue a statement of condemnation, saying Sofia wanted to show "solidarity" with Brussels.
"Brussels is not simply the Bulgarian capital. It is the capital of united Europe... Today, more than ever, all Europeans must show the entire world that we will not allow terrorism to destroy our civilization. I know we will do it in the most convincing way possible, because it is part of our common values, of our common morality and culture."
"I extend the deepest condolences to the families of victims and wish a speedy recovery to those wounded."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians and EU Citizens Will Enter UK only with Passports from October 1st
- » Bulgaria’s Town of Panagyurishte Awarded Title of European City of Sports in 2022