Bulgaria's Catholics Demand Pope Visit, Vatican State Secretary Says
Vatican Secretary of State Pietro Parolin said on Monday he would tell Pope Francis about the Bulgarian Catholic community's wish that he pays a visit to the country.
Parolin, however, made clear his own trip to Bulgaria did not necessarily mean the Pope was intending on the same step in the near future.
His visit was scheduled to coincide with Catholic celebrations of Palm Sunday and the consecration of a Catholic temple. It was also tied to the 25th anniversary of relations between the Vatican and Bulgaria that is being marked this year.
He also met Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » US Ambassador: The Ties between the American and Bulgarian People have Never Been Stronger
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: Democracy is Impossible without a Vibrant Civil Sector
- » The US to Bulgaria and North Macedonia: Quickly Solve your Problems and Reduce Tension
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia