Bulgaria's Catholics Demand Pope Visit, Vatican State Secretary Says
Vatican Secretary of State Pietro Parolin said on Monday he would tell Pope Francis about the Bulgarian Catholic community's wish that he pays a visit to the country.
Parolin, however, made clear his own trip to Bulgaria did not necessarily mean the Pope was intending on the same step in the near future.
His visit was scheduled to coincide with Catholic celebrations of Palm Sunday and the consecration of a Catholic temple. It was also tied to the 25th anniversary of relations between the Vatican and Bulgaria that is being marked this year.
He also met Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria – North Macedonia: No Progress in the Work of the Joint Historical Commission
- » US Ambassador to Bulgaria: We give you Gas at Excellent Prices, Direct Flights will be Restored
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgarian PM: The Word “Corruption” addressed to Putin is an Insult
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Our Position on North Macedonia will Not Change
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries