Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Returns to WTA Top 100
The best Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova returned to the top 100 of the WTA ranking.
Pironkova occupies the 93th position with 722 points in the latest ranking released on Monday, climbing twelve places from her previous standing.
This progress is due to her performance at the San Antonio Open where the Bulgarian reached the semifinals.
Not having conceded a set in the first three matches of the tournament, Pironkova succumbed to Misaki Doi from Japan with 4:6, 6:2, 4:6. The Japanese then went on to win the title.
Meanwhile, the highest ranking Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov dropped two positions in the latest ATP ranking and currently occupies the 28th place with 1385 points.
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing