Romania's Former President Basescu Seeks Moldovan Citizenship
Traian Basescu, Romania's President between 2004 and 2014, is applying for Moldovan citizenship, local media say.
Mediafax, citing sources close to Basescu, reports application of both him and his wife Maria were submitted on March 08, their requests pending approval, according to Romania Insider.
Basescu, who maintained close ties with Moldova during his terms in office, has repeatedly declared a "reunification" between Moldova and Romania as a top foreign-policy goal Bucharest should pursue.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis