Romania's Former President Basescu Seeks Moldovan Citizenship
Traian Basescu, Romania's President between 2004 and 2014, is applying for Moldovan citizenship, local media say.
Mediafax, citing sources close to Basescu, reports application of both him and his wife Maria were submitted on March 08, their requests pending approval, according to Romania Insider.
Basescu, who maintained close ties with Moldova during his terms in office, has repeatedly declared a "reunification" between Moldova and Romania as a top foreign-policy goal Bucharest should pursue.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Former Albanian PM: The Bulgarian Veto does Not Block us, Rama is to Blame
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Explained why Skopje Opposes the "French Proposal"
- » After the Western Balkans Meeting: There is Still 50% Chance of a Deal with Bulgaria
- » PM of North Macedonia in Brussels: The French Proposal is Unacceptable in this Version
- » The "French" Proposal Shook the Macedonian Government, Kovachevski Hardened his Tone
- » President of North Macedonia: Bulgaria has Humiliated us more than Greece in 20 years of Negotiations