US Director Ted Kotcheff Granted Bulgarian Citizenship
Bulgarian Justice Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva on Friday granted citizenship to Ted Kotcheff, a US director born to Bulgarian parents.
Kotcheff submitted an application in February, prior to his arrival to Bulgaria for this years' edition of the Sofia International Film Festival.
On Monday he is to receive a birth certificate and Bulgarian identity documents.
Kotcheff thanked authorities for the cooperation.
Dnevnik quotes the Justice Ministry as saying he was "a Bulgarian citizen at birth".
Kotcheff, 84, who is best know for having directed First Blood, a Rambo movie, announced earlier in March that he would start work on a title about Bulgarian King Boris III (1918-1941).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love
- » Bulgaria Marks 'End of Summer' - The Holy Cross Day
- » The Legacy of Spartacus, Bulgaria's Most Famous Gladiator
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Unification Day
- » Sofia English Comedy Night with Leeor Brooks
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the 143rd Anniversary of the Shipka Epopee