US Director Ted Kotcheff Granted Bulgarian Citizenship
Bulgarian Justice Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva on Friday granted citizenship to Ted Kotcheff, a US director born to Bulgarian parents.
Kotcheff submitted an application in February, prior to his arrival to Bulgaria for this years' edition of the Sofia International Film Festival.
On Monday he is to receive a birth certificate and Bulgarian identity documents.
Kotcheff thanked authorities for the cooperation.
Dnevnik quotes the Justice Ministry as saying he was "a Bulgarian citizen at birth".
Kotcheff, 84, who is best know for having directed First Blood, a Rambo movie, announced earlier in March that he would start work on a title about Bulgarian King Boris III (1918-1941).
- » Apple is Turning Big Cities’ Streets into Art with Augmented Reality
- » Half of Bulgarians Like Local Pop Folk Music Chalga
- » The National Costume Festival in Zheravna Begins
- » Spice Music Festival - 90`s Edition Coming in August to Burgas
- » N.Y’s Kalafatis Teams With Bulgaria’s Nu Boyana for Greek Venture
- » Street Food & Art Festival in Burgas is a New Concept for an Urban Festival