Paris Attack Suspect Arrested in Brussels
Salah Abdeslam, suspected of involvement in the deadly November 13 attacks in Paris, has been arrested in a raid in Brussels, international media report.
Abdeslam, 26, has been wounded in the leg during an operation in the Molenbeek area in Brussels.
The jihadist attacks in November claimed the lives of 130 people.
Belgian Foreign Minister and Deputy PM Didier Reynders confirmed the arrest of Abdeslam, who had been in the run since the attacks, on Twitter.
A suspect, named as 35-year-old Algerian Mohamed Belkaid, was killed during the raid.
French police also took part in the manhunt for Abdeslam, a French national born in Brussels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Poland: Distrust of Germany is Growing because of its Policy towards Ukraine
- » Von der Leyen: Managing the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is the Most Urgent Task for Strengthening EU's Land Borders
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation in the Eurozone Fell to 8.5% in January
- » The European Commission approved Funds for Highway "Europa" from Sofia to Kalotina