Paris Attack Suspect Arrested in Brussels
Salah Abdeslam, suspected of involvement in the deadly November 13 attacks in Paris, has been arrested in a raid in Brussels, international media report.
Abdeslam, 26, has been wounded in the leg during an operation in the Molenbeek area in Brussels.
The jihadist attacks in November claimed the lives of 130 people.
Belgian Foreign Minister and Deputy PM Didier Reynders confirmed the arrest of Abdeslam, who had been in the run since the attacks, on Twitter.
A suspect, named as 35-year-old Algerian Mohamed Belkaid, was killed during the raid.
French police also took part in the manhunt for Abdeslam, a French national born in Brussels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » The Jihadists detained in Belgium, including a Bulgarian, were Preparing the Murder of the Mayor of Antwerp
- » Every 10th Resident of France is an Immigrant
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform