Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Semifinals in San Antonio
The highest ranking Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova proceeded to the semifinals of the San Antonio Open.
In a match from the quarterfinals, Pironkova defeated Donna Vekic from Croatia with 6:2, 6:1 in less than an hour.
The Bulgarian conceded two breaks, but scored a total of six and recorded her second victory against Vekic in the space of a week after she had also won their encounter in Indian Wells last week.
With the latest victory, Pironkova has won on all three occasions against her Croatian opponent.
The Bulgarian continues with her excellent performance in San Antonio, not having conceded a set in the first three matches of the tournament.
In the semifinal, Pironkova will face the Japanese Misaki Doi.
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia
- » Fiat Workers Strike over Ronaldo Signing
- » Croatia Becomes Smallest Nation to Reach World Cup Final since 1950
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Leaves Real Madrid for Juventus as 'New Chapter' Begins