South African Movie 'Ayanda' to Be Screened at Sofia Film Fest
The South African Embassy in Sofia has said it is hosting the screening of Ayanda, a South African movie, as part of the Sofia International Film Fest.
Bearing the original title Ayanda and the Mechanic, the 2015 movie will be shown on Monday, 21 March 2016 at 20:00 local time at the Cinema House in Sofia, on 37 Ekzarh Yosif street.
“After tragedy strikes, a young woman begins a journey of self-discovery as she struggles to save her father’s car repair shop along with her memory of him. Ayanda is a coming-of-age story from writer/director Sara Blecher that takes us into a vibrant Johannesburg community alive with love and humor, risk and reward, tragedy and triumph,” the statement from the embassy says says.
Ayanda held its world premiere screening at the 2015 Los Angeles Film Festival winning the Special Jury Prize in the World Fiction Competition.
The movie also tells the story “of a twenty-one-year-old Afro hipster who embarks on a journey of self discovery trying to keep the memory of her father alive, when she's thrown into a world of greasy overalls, gender stereotypes and abandoned vintage cars in need of a young woman's re-inventive touch who tries to reclaim what would've been, what could've been,” a plot summary on the IMDB reads.
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations