Minister Moskovski: Iran Plans Transport Corridor Through Bulgaria
Bulgarian Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski said that Iran has readiness to develop a transport corridor through Bulgaria
Moskovski said this at the transport parliamentary committee on Wednesday, Focus news agency informs.
During his visit to Iran last week, the minister signed protocols for cooperation in the areas of agriculture, energy, transport, tourism and environment. Iran's initiative to construct a transport corridor was also discussed.
Moskovski said that from the moment it had become clear that the sanctions against Iran will be lifted, Tehran began negotiations with several countries on the creation of a transport corridor passing through Bulgaria.
Iranian representatives were interested whether Bulgarian port terminals have adequate infrastructure and capacity for the transportation of goods towards Europe.
According to the minister, Iran has readiness to invest in the construction of a transport corridor and the purchase of sailing vessels for use in the Black Sea.
Moskovski added that the issues will be discussed once again at a working group meeting in Iran on April 18.
During last week's meeting, Iranian Transport Minister Abbas Akhoundi identified Bulgaria as "Iran's gateway to Europe".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria may lose 1.4 Billion Leva if the Territorial Plans for the Coal Plants are not ready
- » American Companies - in fourth place among Investors in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom