Bulgaria Detains 66 Irregular Migrants at Border with Turkey in 24 Hours
Bulgarian border police have thwarted attempts of a total of 66 irregular migrants to cross the country’s border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, the Ministry of the Interior announced in a statement on Friday.
In one of the cases border police at Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint discovered 12 people in the back of a Bulgarian-registered truck arriving from Turkey with a load of PVC profiles for window frames on Thursday.
The migrants, who carried no identity documents with them, all claimed to be Iraqi citizens.
The Bulgarian driver of the truck has been placed in police custody and is facing charges of people smuggling.
In another case, 17 migrants, all of them claiming to be Syrian citizens, were discovered on Thursday in the trailer of a Romanian-registered truck at Lesovo border crossing. Police used sensors detecting elevated carbon dioxide levels inside the trailer to find the people.
- » Two People were Shot in Marseilles
- » A Student Opened Fire at a School in the US, but was Stopped by a Teacher
- » At least Four Victims of a Suicide Bombing in Baghdad
- » Military Official Stabbed a Policeman in Plovdiv, probably after a Scandal for a Woman
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Arrested in France because of Suspicion of a Prepared Attack
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas