Probe Launched into Demolition of Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
Pretrial proceedings have been launched into the demolition of an old building in Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, the prosecution has said.
A former tobacco warehouse was almost completely razed over the weekend, with citizens' action that stopped the bulldozers saving the facade. The building is part of a cultural heritage area, but the owners reportedly provided the municipality with a fake document claiming otherwise.
The economic police will be in charge of the case.
Separately, electricity distribution operator EVN Bulgaria submitted a claim saying the demolition had not been coordinated with it, and a power substation was currently buried beneath the rubble. The development could possibly result in power outages, daily Dnevnik.bg reports EVN as saying.
- » Facebook Suspended nearly 70,000 Applications because of the Potential Risk of Privacy Issues
- » Two Powerful Earthquakes in Albania - There Are Injured People and Material Damages
- » Day without Cars: Parts of Major Cities in Bulgaria Are Closed for Cars
- » Today Is the 111th Anniversary of Bulgaria's Declaration of Independence
- » Bulgarian Died in Mount Olympus
- » Increased Traffic Today, Large Queues at the Border Checkpoints