Bulgarian Volleyball Star Matey Kaziyski Returns to Trentino
Bulgarian volleyball star Matey Kaziyski returned to the team of Diatec Trentino after spending a season at the Japanese JTEKT Stings.
The return of Kaziyski comes at a vital time just before the team faces Exprivia Molfetta in the play-offs in the Italian Super league on Thursday.
However the Bulgarian will not be able to take part in the matches from the Champions League where Trentino will face the Russian team of Belogorie.
Kaziyski is the player to have scored the highest number of points in the history of the club – 4812 points in 325 matches.
Between 2008 and 2015, the Bulgarian won fifteen titles with Trentino, including four Italian championship titles, three CEV Champions League titles and four FIVB Club World Championship titles.
The team is coached by Bulgarian Radostin Stoychev and has another Bulgarian player - setter Georgi Bratoev.
On the return of Kaziyski, the president of the club Diego Mosna commented that an indissoluble bond binds the Bulgarian to Trentino.
The return is expected to offer an additional motivation for the club during the play-offs.
This is the second return of Kaziyski after having left for the first time in 2013 and returned in 2014.
The PalaTrento is expected to be full with spectators on Thursday to welcome the return of the Bulgarian.
- » Bulgaria's Olympic Champion Boxing Coach Petar Lesov Suspended
- » Goalkeeper Petkov Becomes Bulgaria's Oldest Player in Disappointing 1-1 Draw with Cyprus
- » Bulgarian Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Extends Burton Stay
- » Second Blow for Bulgaria's National Football Team Before the Games Against Cyprus and Slovenia
- » Bulgaria's Nova Broadcasting Extends English Premier League Rights
- » Goalkeeper Dimitar Evtimov Could Make Bulgaria Debut after Impressing for English Burton Albion