Quarter of Bulgaria's Retired People Live on Minimum Pension
Nearly a quarter of Bulgaria's retirned people live on a pension equal to or even below the national minimum, data from the National Social Security Institute shows.
The public institute is in charge of managing the state social security in Bulgaria.
There are 2.177 million pensioners in Bulgaria as of February 2016. Of them, 520 000, or 23.9% can count on up to BGN 157.4 (EUR 78) a month.
The sum above is equal to the minimum pension in Bulgaria for 2016. Of people falling in the first category, three percent (65 000) get up to BGN 118 a month. Another 13.5% live on BGN 134-157 on a monthly basis.
Those earning BGN 200-250 a month and those with BGN 200-250 constitute 14.5% and 13.5% of the number of pensioners, respectively. Ten percent get between BGN 250 and 300 monthly.
Some 2.8 percent of pensioners earn a pension of between BGN 800 and the maximum of BGN 910.
Pensions, last year worth a total of BGN 8.445 B, usually make up a substantial part of Bulgaria's state budget.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: New, Stricter Measures for Traffic Violators
- » 19 Canceled Flights between Bulgaria and Germany due to the Strike at German airports
- » Bulgaria: Bomb Signals were received in 10 Schools in Sofia and 15 in Burgas
- » Bulgarian Sheep Breeders: Lamb for Easter will be between BGN 25 and BGN 29 per kilogram
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 40 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Weather in Bulgaria will be Sunny and Windy with a sharp Cooling in the evening