Early General Elections to be Held in Serbia on April 24
Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic signed on Friday a decree on the dissolution of parliament and called for the holding of early parliamentary elections in the country on April 24.
This development comes a day after Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic had proposed to Nikolic the dissolution of parliament and the holding of early elections.
According to the Serbian president, the “time has come for citizens to say whether they support the serious and difficult reforms”, Tanjug quotes him as saying.
Nikolic called on citizens, participants in the election and the media to ensure a fair and democratic contest, expressing confidence that Serbia will stay on the path of reforms.
Vucic justified the early elections with the need for a clear mandate to complete the reforms and bring Serbia on the doorstep of the European family.
Since coming into power in 2014, his government has succeeded in preventing a collapse of public finances, implemented difficult economic reforms which pulled the country out of recession and opened the first chapters of the EU’s accession negotiations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The January "Jump" in Prices in Croatia Turned Out to be 0.2%
- » Croatian President: We stole Kosovo from Serbia, Crimea will never be Ukraine
- » Serbia: 43% of Citizens Support Joining the EU
- » Vucic: Serbia has received an Ultimatum from the West to Normalize Relations with Kosovo
- » North Macedonia’s President: Ban One MEP and Several other Bulgarians from Entering the Country
- » Vucic: I haven't Spoken to Putin for months, Wagner has to Stop recruiting Fighters in Serbia