Bulgarian Authorities Detain 32 Illegal Migrants, Seven Smugglers
Bulgarian authorities detained on Thursday 32 illegal migrants and seven suspected human smugglers near the border towns of Lyubimets and Svilengrad.
The officers from the district department in Svilengrad reacted to a signal which informed them about a group of foreigners who had illegally crossed the border near the village of Sladun.
The police officers detected the illegal migrants as they were about to board three vehicles parked nearby, which were destined to transport them to the interior of the country.
The migrant group consisted of eight women, six men and eighteen children, none of them possessing identity documents.
Later the foreigners were identified as coming from Syria, Iraq and Turkey, the interior ministry informs.
The authorities also detained the seven Bulgarians suspected of human smuggling, five of whom have have criminal record.
The migrants have been accommodated at Lyubimets, while the smugglers have been detained for 72 hours.
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany
- » Drugs Distribution Group in Pleven and Lovech was Busted