Bulgarian Authorities Detain 32 Illegal Migrants, Seven Smugglers
Bulgarian authorities detained on Thursday 32 illegal migrants and seven suspected human smugglers near the border towns of Lyubimets and Svilengrad.
The officers from the district department in Svilengrad reacted to a signal which informed them about a group of foreigners who had illegally crossed the border near the village of Sladun.
The police officers detected the illegal migrants as they were about to board three vehicles parked nearby, which were destined to transport them to the interior of the country.
The migrant group consisted of eight women, six men and eighteen children, none of them possessing identity documents.
Later the foreigners were identified as coming from Syria, Iraq and Turkey, the interior ministry informs.
The authorities also detained the seven Bulgarians suspected of human smuggling, five of whom have have criminal record.
The migrants have been accommodated at Lyubimets, while the smugglers have been detained for 72 hours.
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria
- » Three Boys from Kardzhali Stole 80 Kilos of Ice Cream
- » Bulgarian Law Enforcers Dismantle Counterfeit Euro Ring
- » A US Court Condemned an Ukrainian Woman for Child Pornography