Bulgarians 'Skimmed More Than USD 0.28 M' in Australia
Australian police allege that a Bulgarian crime gang is accused of illegally withdrawing AUD 0.387 M (USD 0.282 M) from ATMs with data-skimming equipment, Victoria-based daily The Age reports.
It also quotes police officials as saying one of the gang members, which arrived in Australia last year, is "on the run".
The allegations come after hearings in Melbourne Magistrates Court during a bail application for Todor Tsenov, 35, a Bulgarian national accused of having withdrawn AUD 187 000 from ATMs in central Melbourne.
The full story can be read here.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany