Bulgaria Reports Government Debt of EUR 11.6 B for End-January
Bulgaria’s government debt totalled EUR 11.60 B in nominal terms at the end of January, the Finance Ministry announced on Monday.
This compared with total government debt of EUR 10.63 B at the end of January 2015 and EUR 11.61 B at the end of December 2015, Finance Ministry data showed.
As of end-January 2016, domestic government debt debt totaled EUR 3.71 B and foreign debt amounted to EUR 7.89 B.
Government debt-to-GDP ratio was 25.7% at the end of January 2016, compared with 25.2% a year earlier and 26.4% at end-December 2015.
Revised 2015 GDP data of BGN 85.70 B (EUR 43.82 B) and 2016 GDP projection of BGN 88.28 B (EUR 45.14 B) had been used in the calculations, the Finance Ministry said in a monthly debt report.
Seventy-six percent of total government debt was denominated in euro, 23.1% in Bulgarian levs and 0.3% in other currencies at the end of January 2016.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Protests in Turkey over the Collapse of the Turkish Currency
- » 67% of Bulgarians have taken an Average of One and a Half Loans in 2021
- » Best eWallets To Use Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Belgian KBC Bought the Business of Raiffeisen Bank International
- » On the Day After Elections, Bulgaria will Draw a New Debt of Half a Billion Levs