Mayor of Bulgaria's Karlovo Charged with Embezzlement
Karlovo Mayor Emil Kabaivanov has been indicted with charges of embezzlement by the Plovdiv District Prosecutor's Office.
According to prosecutors, Kabaivanov allegedly misused BGN 27 000 between April 2013 and the same month of 2014.
The sum was transferred to Karlovo Municipality in accordance with a financial aid contract with the Environment Ministry signed under Operational Program Environment.
Initially, it was earmarked for the completion and upgrade of Karlovo's sewage system. However, Kabaivanov allegedly appointed three people to manage the project, giving each BGN 9000, without any effective work being done, the indictment reads, quoted by the Bulgarian National Radio.
Last year Kabaivanov was charged with willful neglect with regard to the same project.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Man Stabbed his Neighbors because of their Barking Dog
- » The Bulgarian Entrepreneur Tzvetan Vassilev is No Longer Wanted by Interpol
- » Bulgaria: 9 Months in Prison for a Man caught Driving Drunk for the Second Time
- » A Law will Prohibit the Sale of Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas” to Minors in Bulgaria
- » Operation in Greece for the capture of Bulgarian Cryptoqueen Ruja Ignatova
- » Methamphetamine was found in the Blood of Semerdzhiev who Caused the Car Crash on July 5