Bulgaria Detains 39 Alleged Afghan Migrants on Outskirts of Sofia
Bulgarian police have detained 39 foreign nationals carrying no identity documents and claiming to be Afghan citizens on the southeastern outskirts of Sofia, the Ministry of the Interior said on Saturday.
Three Bulgarian citizens, who drove the passenger cars packed with illegal migrants, were also detained.
The foreign nationals – 11 men, 15 women and 13 children – were apprehended on Trakia motorway near the village of Gorni Lozen about 4 p.m. on Saturday, the ministry said.
- » Bulgarian Woman Living in the UK was Trying to get Jailed and Deported
- » Blagoevgrad: Four Charged over Attempted Robbery in Rozhen Monastery
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Driver Transporting 16 illegal Migrants
- » Three Injured After Car Ploughs Into Pedestrians in London
- » Bulgarian Arrested In Curaçao For Extradition to Germany
- » Robbery in Rozhen Monastery