Bulgaria Detains 39 Alleged Afghan Migrants on Outskirts of Sofia
Bulgarian police have detained 39 foreign nationals carrying no identity documents and claiming to be Afghan citizens on the southeastern outskirts of Sofia, the Ministry of the Interior said on Saturday.
Three Bulgarian citizens, who drove the passenger cars packed with illegal migrants, were also detained.
The foreign nationals – 11 men, 15 women and 13 children – were apprehended on Trakia motorway near the village of Gorni Lozen about 4 p.m. on Saturday, the ministry said.
- » Macedonian Citizen was Detained for Assault of a Policeman in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Charges Six With Financing Syrian 'Terrorist' Groups As Network Uncovered
- » Bulgaria Extradites Russian Hacker to US: Embassy
- » 43 People Detained in a Large-Scale Operation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Prevented Smuggling of 1,5 kg of Gold Jewels
- » Man Attacked Students from the National Military University