The Independent: Sofia Ranks as Fourth Most Dangerous City in Europe
According to a recent article in The Independent, the Bulgarian capital ranks as the fourth most dangerous city in Europe.
The ranking is based on the latest edition of the Quality of Living Index compiled annually by the largest HR consulting firm Mercer, which was released earlier this week.
The article notes that Sofia has dropped to 118th place in the personal safety ranking due to the high level of social unrest.
In particular, the Bulgarian capital has seen protests against the government over benefit and pension cuts and corruption
The article identifies Kiev as the most dangerous city in Europe, followed by Belgrade and Athens.
However The Independent’s ranking does not take into account Moscow and Saint Petersburg which Mercer identifies as having the lowest personal safety scores in the region.
Luxembourg is ranked as the safest city both in Europe and across the world.
Among the main factors determining the scores of cities on the personal safety ranking are terrorist threats and attacks, the levels of corruption and petty crime.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'