Authorities Investigate Suspected Murder in Palestinian Embassy in Sofia
Bulgarian authorities are investigating a suspected murder in the Palestinian embassy in Sofia.
The Bulgarian prosecutor’s office informed on Friday that an embassy official had submitted a signal for death resulting from violence on the territory of the embassy.
The Palestinian ambassador has granted access of the investigating team to the embassy, the prosecutor’s office informed.
The cause of death has not been established yet. It is believed that the dead person was not an embassy official.
According to private NOVA TV, the body belongs to Palestinian citizen Omar Zayed whose extradition had been requested by Israel.
Zayed has been sought in connection with serving the remainder of his life imprisonment sentence.
The Palestinian is convicted of the murder of an Israeli yeshiva student in occupied East Jerusalem in 1986.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium