Authorities Investigate Suspected Murder in Palestinian Embassy in Sofia
Bulgarian authorities are investigating a suspected murder in the Palestinian embassy in Sofia.
The Bulgarian prosecutor’s office informed on Friday that an embassy official had submitted a signal for death resulting from violence on the territory of the embassy.
The Palestinian ambassador has granted access of the investigating team to the embassy, the prosecutor’s office informed.
The cause of death has not been established yet. It is believed that the dead person was not an embassy official.
According to private NOVA TV, the body belongs to Palestinian citizen Omar Zayed whose extradition had been requested by Israel.
Zayed has been sought in connection with serving the remainder of his life imprisonment sentence.
The Palestinian is convicted of the murder of an Israeli yeshiva student in occupied East Jerusalem in 1986.
- » Bulgaria Extradites Russian Hacker to US: Embassy
- » 43 People Detained in a Large-Scale Operation in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Prevented Smuggling of 1,5 kg of Gold Jewels
- » Man Attacked Students from the National Military University
- » Israeli Executive Arrested in Bulgaria on Guatemala Bribery Suspicions
- » Three Detained over the Destroyed Dune near Camping "Smokinya" on the South Bulgarian Coast