Bulgaria to Allocate Up to BGN 35 M on Border Fence
At its regular meeting on Wednesday, the Bulgarian government approved the allocation of up to BGN 35 M on the construction of the temporary fence along the border with Turkey.
The additional expenses will come from the budget of the Council of Ministers and will be provided to the regional administrations of Burgas, Haskovo and Yambol, the regions through which the fence passes.
According to the government, the extension of the fence is of exceptional importance for countering the continuously increasing migrant pressureb exerted on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The fence is also vital for protecting the external border of the EU and controlling the refugee wave, the government's press service informs.
- » Counter Campaign: Publishing House Asks if we Value Gambling more than Culture (Video)
- » On 24 May Balchik Opens a Monument to Cyril and Methodius
- » Celebrations, Processions, Concerts and Awards on the Day of Slavonic Scripture
- » Happy National Holiday of Bulgaria! The Day of the Cyrillic Letters and the Culture
- » Increase in Pensions: Pensioners Will Receive 3.8% more
- » the Streets of the Capital Turned into a Real Action Arena that Ended with Arrests.