Bulgaria to Allocate Up to BGN 35 M on Border Fence
At its regular meeting on Wednesday, the Bulgarian government approved the allocation of up to BGN 35 M on the construction of the temporary fence along the border with Turkey.
The additional expenses will come from the budget of the Council of Ministers and will be provided to the regional administrations of Burgas, Haskovo and Yambol, the regions through which the fence passes.
According to the government, the extension of the fence is of exceptional importance for countering the continuously increasing migrant pressureb exerted on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The fence is also vital for protecting the external border of the EU and controlling the refugee wave, the government's press service informs.
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe
- » Restoration of the Viaduct of Struma Motorway Will Cost BGN 1.86 million