Bulgaria to Allocate Up to BGN 35 M on Border Fence
At its regular meeting on Wednesday, the Bulgarian government approved the allocation of up to BGN 35 M on the construction of the temporary fence along the border with Turkey.
The additional expenses will come from the budget of the Council of Ministers and will be provided to the regional administrations of Burgas, Haskovo and Yambol, the regions through which the fence passes.
According to the government, the extension of the fence is of exceptional importance for countering the continuously increasing migrant pressureb exerted on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The fence is also vital for protecting the external border of the EU and controlling the refugee wave, the government's press service informs.
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Eurobarometer: Bulgarians Remain Optimistic About the Future of Europe
- » Prisons and Court Guards in Bulgaria Received Funding for 200 New Employees
- » Bulgaria Temporarily Suspends the Construction of the Gas Connection with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Organizes Free Medical Examinations For Socially Disadvantaged People
- » MPs Are Finally Voting on the Changes to the Electoral Code Today