Bulgaria to Allocate Up to BGN 35 M on Border Fence
At its regular meeting on Wednesday, the Bulgarian government approved the allocation of up to BGN 35 M on the construction of the temporary fence along the border with Turkey.
The additional expenses will come from the budget of the Council of Ministers and will be provided to the regional administrations of Burgas, Haskovo and Yambol, the regions through which the fence passes.
According to the government, the extension of the fence is of exceptional importance for countering the continuously increasing migrant pressureb exerted on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The fence is also vital for protecting the external border of the EU and controlling the refugee wave, the government's press service informs.
- » Chief Mufti in Bulgaria Demands Changes to Draft Laws on Religious Denominations
- » Bulgaria’s PM Orders Road Agency to Stop EU-funded Projects of G.P. Group
- » Mayor of Sofia: I Guarantee that I will not Pay for Poorly Conducted Repairs
- » Poll: 48% of Bulgarians Prefer Winter Time Throughout the Year
- » Former Regional Minister Nikolay Nankov Returns as Deputy Just а Month after Resignation
- » The Company Overseeing the Repair on Graf Ignatiev Str. in Sofia Fined with BGN 100,000.