Deputy Head of Bulgaria's Refugee Agency 'Also Fired'
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has sacked Aleksandar Dimitrov as deputy chairman of the State Agency for Refugees (SAR), news website Dnevnik.bg quotes government sources as saying.
Earlier this week, Nikola Kazakov was dismissed as head of the SAR, along with the agency's Chief Secretary, Zlatko Aleksandrov.
The measure followed a TV report that revealed the agency had procured food for refugees accommodated at its centers at inflated prices and without calling a public tender.
- » Distribution of Over BGN 620 Thousand Worth of Pensions in Bulgaria is Temporarily Suspended
- » Warning of Dangerous Undercurrents Along the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Traffic on Struma Motorway Expected to be Allowed Partially from Friday
- » Bulgarian PM: Government is Implementing Consistent Policy to Build and Renovate Sports Facilities Across the Country
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescuers: Injured Tourist near Malyovitsa Peak is Safe
- » Restoration of the Viaduct of Struma Motorway Will Cost BGN 1.86 million