Bulgaria Govt, Shell to Sign Gas Exploration Agreement
Bulgaria and Shell are set to sign an agreement for offshore gas exploration on Tuesday, the government has announced.
Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova and Shell Exploration&Production BV Eileen Wilkinson with take part in the ceremony that is due on Tuesday morning at the Council of Ministers.
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has also been invited to attend.
The document will allow Shell to explore for gas the Silistar 1-14 blocks, in the country's territorial Black Sea waters.
Previous government statements reveal the permit is being granted for five years.
Petkova told the Bulgarian National Radio on Monday the contract would bring EUR 4.9 M in revenues to the budget.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria may lose 1.4 Billion Leva if the Territorial Plans for the Coal Plants are not ready
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » Bulgaria is Ending the Derogation for Russian Oil?
- » Eurostat: Nearly a Quarter of Bulgarians Fail to Heat their Homes Sufficiently
- » Bulgaria is considering Giving Up Russian Oil: Fuel Prices - Unchanged?
- » The Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office is Investigating Collusion and Illegal Schemes around TurkStream