Armed Robbers Attack Security Van in Sofia Mall
An armed robbery of a security van took place in one of the malls in the Bulgarian capital on Monday morning.
According to media reports, four masked men armed with assault rifles attacked a security van in the underground car pak of the mall located on Tsarigradsko shose boulevard.
They shot at the vehicle and managed to steal an unknown amount of money from the security van. Fortunately, no people were injured in the shooting.
According to preliminary information of NOVA TV, BGN 400 000 were stolen in the robbery, while bTV claims that the sum amounted to BGN 100 000.
After the attack, the perpetrators fled in an unknown direction with a white vehicle.
Around an hour after the robbery, the police found the car abandoned in front of a block of flats near the mall.
The police has sealed off the area of the robbery and is conducting a large-scale search for the perpetrators.
Earlier this month, an attempt for armed robbery of a security van in the town of Sredets left one of the attackers dead.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » SP's Office Summons PM Borissov over the Bobokov Investigation
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case
- » Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Geshev: Senior Officials Have Been Arrested in Anti-Drug Operations