Bulgaria Renews Production of Legendary Socialist-Era Bike
Bulgaria has renewed production of the legendary socialist-era bicycle called Balkan, with the first new bikes to go on sale in March.
The bikes are crafted by the original producer, Balkanvelo, a firm based in the town of Lovech.
The new bike is a replica of the old one, but a large number of improvements have been introduced.
During the 1970s-80s, more than one and a million bikes of this model were produced and sold.
Many Bulgarians relate the bike to their childhood memories as in many cases it was the first bicycle they had.
The new model was conceived, designed and produced last year.
The new bike will come in two models – classic and comfort, economic.bg informs.
The classic model is without gears, has front brake and back pedal brake and closely resembles the old one.
The comfort model has three internal gears of the Shimano Nexus type, which are suitable for cycling in town and embodies functional components of world recognized bike brands.
The bicycle can be ridden by all members of the family as it is suitable for all heights.
Like its predecessor, the new bike is also foldable and preserves the characteristic handlebars.
According to the website of the producer, the comfort model costs BGN 280.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Allianz Risk Barometer 2022: Cyber Threats Overtake Covid-19 in Ranking for Biggest Global Business Risks
- » Bulgaria: Bread and Grain Products Rose in Price more than the Average Inflation
- » Bulgaria: One Billion BGN are Provided in the 2022 Budget for Food Vouchers
- » Bulgarian Experts: Life will Continue to Become More Expensive in the Coming Months
- » Ireland has Lifted almost All Restrictions due to Large Number of Booster Doses
- » The Fitch BBB Rating of Bulgaria with a Positive Outlook has been Confirmed