Bulgaria Grabs Silver at Women’s Badminton European Championship
The Bulgarian women’s badminton team finished second at this year’s edition of the European team championship which was held in Kazan.
In the final played on Sunday, Bulgaria lost to Denmark with 1-3.
However Bulgaria won its all five other matches and improved its performance from the 2014 European championship when the team finished third.
Bulgaria won its all three matches from Group 2, successively defeating the teams of Spain (3-2), Estonia (5-0) and Belgium (5-0).
In the quarterfinals, Bulgaria defeated Turkey with 3-1, and recorded a 3-2 victory against Spain in the semifinals.
Denmark defended its championship titles both in the men’s and women championships.
The Bulgarian men’s team recorded two victories and one defeat in its group and did not proceed to the next stage.
Bulgaria was represented by a total of seven women and nine men.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Macedonian Football Fans Booed the Bulgarian Anthem but Lost the Match in the End
- » What Table Games can you find at the Best Casino Online in Canada
- » Bulgaria: World Title for the Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble in Sofia
- » First Medal for Bulgaria at the Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championships
- » How to Choose an NFL Sports Betting Site
- » EuroBasket: Bulgaria Defeated the Host Georgia