Cyprus President Heading to Bulgaria for 3-Day Visit
Cyprus head of state Nicos Anastasiades is departing for Bulgaria's capital Sofia on Sunday where he is on a three-day visit, local media outlets report.
Anastasiades is to meet with his Bulgarian counterpart Rosen Plevneliev on Monday for a private conversation that will follow "expanded talks" between the two delegations, according to Cyprus Mail.
Energy diversification and an expansion of commercial cooperation, alongside the measures to counter terrorism and the Middle Eastern conflicts, are expected to top the bilateral agenda.
Several bilateral economic agreements are to be signed at the Presidency on Monday morning.
Meeting are also scheduled with Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva.
A business forum bringing together entrepreneurs from Bulgaria and Cyprus is due on Tuesday.
Cyprus' Energy, Commerce and Tourism Minister Giorgoa Lakkotrypis is also accompanying Anastasiades.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s MFA condemned the Decision of North Macedonia to Erase a Bulgarian Association
- » President Radev: Bulgaria and 9 other ЕU Countries are not Participating in the Joint Procurement of Ammunition for Ukraine
- » Diplomatic Missions in Bulgaria with a Demonstration in Support of Ukraine
- » Ukraine’s Ambassador to Bulgaria: Peace means Victory for Ukraine in this Imperialist War
- » Lithuanian President Decorates Maxim Behar with a State Award for Articles Written in 1991
- » Russian Ambassador: Bulgarians are still a Russophile People