Death Toll Rises to 28 in Ankara Bomb Blast

World | February 17, 2016, Wednesday // 21:53
Bulgaria: Death Toll Rises to 28 in Ankara Bomb Blast Emergency services at the scene following a car bomb blast close to military and government buildings in Ankara, Turkey, 17 February 2016. Photo EPA/BGNES

The death toll from Wednesday’s blast in central Ankara has increased to 28, Turkish Deputy PM Numan Kurtulmus has said.

Another 61 people had been wounded, Kurtulmus said, according to the AP.

The explosion of a car bomb is believed to have targeted a convoy of buses carrying military personnel as they waited at traffic lights not far from Turkey’s General Staff and Parliament buildings.

Turkey’s Anadolu Agency reported that the blast occurred in Merasim Street which connects Dikmen Street to Inonu Boulevard.

Kutrulmus also said that no group had yet claimed responsibility for the attack.

 

We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!

World » Be a reporter: Write and send your article
Tags: Ankara, turkey, blast, Kurtulmus, explosion, military
Advertisement
Advertisement
Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
Bulgaria news Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) is unique with being a real time news provider in English that informs its readers about the latest Bulgarian news. The editorial staff also publishes a daily online newspaper "Sofia Morning News." Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency - www.sofianewsagency.com) and Sofia Morning News publish the latest economic, political and cultural news that take place in Bulgaria. Foreign media analysis on Bulgaria and World News in Brief are also part of the web site and the online newspaper. News Bulgaria