Death Toll Rises to 28 in Ankara Bomb Blast
The death toll from Wednesday’s blast in central Ankara has increased to 28, Turkish Deputy PM Numan Kurtulmus has said.
Another 61 people had been wounded, Kurtulmus said, according to the AP.
The explosion of a car bomb is believed to have targeted a convoy of buses carrying military personnel as they waited at traffic lights not far from Turkey’s General Staff and Parliament buildings.
Turkey’s Anadolu Agency reported that the blast occurred in Merasim Street which connects Dikmen Street to Inonu Boulevard.
Kutrulmus also said that no group had yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Combat Drones are being deployed in Greece
- » Day 276 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Six Million Households remain without Electricity
- » China reports Third Consecutive Daily Record for New COVID-19 Cases
- » Musk will endorse DeSantis in the 2024 US Presidential Election
- » NATO: There will be No Lasting Peace if Russia Wins the War in Ukraine
- » Over 600 Arrests after Shootout between Migrants near the Serbia-Hungary Border