Bulgaria Ranks 67th by Military Strength in 2016 Global Firepower List
Bulgaria ranks 67th out of a total of 126 countries worldwide in terms of military strength in the 2016 Global Firepower (GFP) list.
Using data from publicly-available sources such as CIA.gov, CIA World Factbook, Wikipedia.com, public domain print and media sources, the GFP ranking asseses each nation’s potential conventional war-making capabilities.
The ranking is based on more than 50 factors, including military budget, available manpower, and the amount of military hardware each country has in its arsenal. The nuclear capability is not taken into account.
The higher the rating, the lower the country’s position in the overall ranking. The perfect score would be 0.000
With its rating of 1.6721, Bulgaria is one position below Kazakhstan (1.5806) and one rung above Kenya (1.6841).
The Unites States top the list with a rating of 0.1663, followed by Russia (0.1865), China (0.2318), and India (0.2698).
Somalia is at the bottom end of the ranking in the 126th position with a rating of 5.7131, preceded by Mozambique (3.8115) and Mali (3.7392).
Bulgaria’s available manpower is put at 3.3 million out of total population of 7.2 million, with 2.7 million fit for service. Active frontline personnel is 35,000, while active reserve personnel is 302,500, according to GFP list.
Bulgaria has 106 tanks, 1,103 armoured fighting vehicles and 103 self-propelled guns.
The country’s Air Force has a total of 68 aircraft, including 19 fighters/interceptors and 31 attack airplanes.
You can access the full GFP list here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Minister of Defense: There are no Bulgarian soldiers in Ukraine
- » A Wagner mercenary with a Medal from Putin was Arrested in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Military Parade on the Day of the Bulgarian Army (PHOTOS and VIDEO)
- » Do not be Alarmed: Military Helicopters and Planes will fly low over Sofia today
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister: "We are facing Unprecedented Hybrid Attacks from Russia”
- » The Bulgarian Government approved the Military Training for Students in 10th and 11th Grades