Former UN Chief Boutros Boutros-Ghali Dies at 93
The former United Nations Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali has died, the BBC reported on Tuesday.
He was 93 years old.
The announcement was made by the current President of the UN Security Council, Rafael Dario Ramirez Carreno, at the start of Tuesday’s session on the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, according to the AP.
The 15 members of the Security Council rose for a minute of silence in tribute to Boutros-Ghali.
The Egyptian politician and diplomat was the first Arab to head the world organisation.
He was the sixth UN Secretary-General, serving from January 1992 to December 1996.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EP President David Sassoli has Passed Away
- » Actor Bob Saget was found Dead in a hotel room
- » Gunther from "Friends" has Passed Away
- » Bulgarian Economist Vladimir Karolev has Passed Away
- » In Memorim: Greet Singer of the Mystry of the Bulgaian Voices Choir Passed away at 80
- » Three days of Mourning in Greece in Memory of Composer Mikis Theodorakis