Former UN Chief Boutros Boutros-Ghali Dies at 93
The former United Nations Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali has died, the BBC reported on Tuesday.
He was 93 years old.
The announcement was made by the current President of the UN Security Council, Rafael Dario Ramirez Carreno, at the start of Tuesday’s session on the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, according to the AP.
The 15 members of the Security Council rose for a minute of silence in tribute to Boutros-Ghali.
The Egyptian politician and diplomat was the first Arab to head the world organisation.
He was the sixth UN Secretary-General, serving from January 1992 to December 1996.
- » Stephen Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, Dead at 90
- » The Head of the Chinese Company, which Won the Concession of Plovdiv Airport, has Passed Away
- » The Popular Bulgarian Historian Professor Bozhidar Dimitrov has Passed Away
- » The Great Bulgarian Director and Animator Rumen Petkov has Died
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92