Bulgaria Has Increased Wine Exports to China, Germany, UK - Minister
Bulgaria's wine production industry is working under the conditions of a drop in exports to Russia and a surge to China, Germany, and the UK, Agriculture Minister Desislava Taneva said on Sunday.
Taneva, who took part in a vine-pruning ritual in Southern Bulgaria as part of the Trifon Zarezan celebrations, said 2015 was marked by an overall success for both vine growers and vine producers.
She argued that the sector was performing much beyond its maximum production capacity as of the past two years.
Citing estimates that suggested the output of the wine production industry would be 130 million liters for 2015, usable capacities (the ones upgraded to meet EU standards) could produce up to 200 million liters.
Exports, on the other hand, are expected to top the 50 million liters recorded in 2014, the Bulgarian National Radio quoted Taneva as saying.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The EC Plans to Extend the Ban of Imports of Ukrainian Wheat to Bulgaria and 4 more countries
- » Spurred by Film and TV Production, Canadian Entertainment Industry Continues to Surge
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Russia remains among Bulgaria's main Trading Partners
- » Bulgaria will receive 9.77 Million Euros in compensation from Brussels due to the Ukrainian Grain Imports
- » Why Is Bingo So Popular In The Uk?